Only 5 units of this exclusive collaboration for Malaysia
Petaling Jaya, 1 February 2021 – Naza Italia-Maserati announced today that it has brought in a special edition Levante S GranSport SUV featuring Ermenegildo Zegna interior, which is a visionary woven leather textile named PELLETESSUTA™, made exclusively for selected Maserati vehicles.
This collaboration between the two iconic Italian brands is not new given their shared passion for traditional craftsmanship as well as innovative design ideas. Born of old-world Italian traditions and today’s innovative technology, PELLETESSUTA™ is a result of years of research, which developed the ingenious use of thin Nappa leather strips, replacing conventional fabric yarn, while following the traditional method of weaving to create an ultra-luxurious “fabric” that is lightweight, soft and enduring.
“Like Maserati, the PELLETESSUTA™ by Ermenegildo Zegna combines new avant-garde technologies with century-old craftmanship to create innovation. It comes to life in the Maserati Levante S GranSport to heighten the experience for both driver and passenger, while exquisitely complementing its luxurious, race-inspired performance,” said Dato’ Nik Hamdam, Group Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Automotive Group, Naza Corporation Holdings.
For the first time in the history of Maserati-Zegna partnership, the customisation has been extended to also include the GranSport trims of the Maserati range, expanding the possibilities for personalisation. The special edition Levante S GranSport features an exclusive bronzo tri-coat exterior colour; stunning Black PELLETESSUTA™ interior with exclusive Radica wood trim with the words “Ermenegildo Zegna PELLETESSUTA”; black brake calipers; and 21” polished Helios rims – an especially sophisticated combination for this SUV. The exterior colour is also available in Blue Nobile tri-coat paint, as an alternative to esteemed clients.
Additionally, customers can expect mechanical similarities between this special edition Levante and the Levante S:
- Twin-turbo V6 engine of 430 hp, designed by Maserati Powertrain and built at the Ferrari’s Maranello plant exclusively for Maserati;
- 6-piston Brembo Dual Cast braking system guarantees excellent braking performances;
- Fully equipped with an impressively comprehensive range of Advanced Driving Assistance Systems (ADAS) with more active functions, whilst retaining the razor-sharp steering feel symbolic of any Maserati. These functions include Integrated Vehicle Control, Forward Collision Warning, Traffic Sign Recognition, Surround View Camera, Highway Assist System, Lane Keeping Assist and Active Blind Spot Assist.
- The standard outfit is completed by the Bowers&Wilkins premium surround sound system, full GranSport body kit, Sport seats and full-LED Matrix adaptive headlights.
Only five (5) Levante S GranSport Zegna PELLETESSUTA™ will be available for Malaysia. Each unit enters the Malaysian market at the starting price of RM838,800.00 (inclusive of local taxes and duties). The price includes 3 years Standard Warranty coverage with no mileage restriction plus a Free maintenance programme of 3 years/60,000 km whichever comes first (Inclusive of *Maserati Premium Service Plus of 3 years/60,000 km).
Follow @maserati.malaysia (Instagram) and www.facebook/maserati.malaysia for more information on the special edition Maserati Levante S GranSport Zegna PELLETESSUTA™ and Maserati’s latest updates in Malaysia.
What is so special about PELLETESSUTA™?
- PELLETESSUTA™ is a soft and supple material woven from 2-mm micro-strands of nappa leather.
- Lightweight and elastic, it is perfect for upholstery on seats, door panels and dashboard fascia.
- The nappa leather strands are produced in an elaborate process and are then woven on special machines. Five metres of nappa leather produce one metre of PELLETESSUTA™.
- Quality is monitored throughout the manufacturing process. Only perfection will do.
The second time’s the charm
- Bound by the belief that luxury and craftsmanship must be intrinsic in all that bears their name, Maserati and Ermenegildo Zegna share an enthusiasm for artistry and quality.
- The first collaboration of these two iconic Italian brands brought exceptional Zegna Mulberry Silk inserts into the interiors of Ghibli, Levante and Quattroporte GranLusso models. Delivering a tailored environment of opulence, this initial offering inspired the brands to join forces once again.
About Ermenegildo Zegna
- The bond between Zegna and Maserati grows stronger with each passing year, in no small part due to the historical similarities of the two brands.
- The Ermenegildo Zegna Group is one of the most distinguished businesses in all of Italy. Founded back in 1910 in Trivero, in the Biellese Alps, by a young entrepreneur named Ermenegildo, whose vision was to ethically produce the most sumptuous fabrics in the world by means of innovation and the utilization of the best luxury fibres, sourced directly in their countries of origin, the company is currently guided by the fourth generation of the Zegna family. The Group, which since the late 80’s has been implementing a strategy of vertical integration, has created a global luxury brand which currently offers fabrics, clothing and accessories. Today there are 504 single-label stores in over 100 countries, of which 272 are company-owned.