- Designed to meet the diverse needs of SUV buyers around the world, the all-new Renault Koleos delivers on all the hallmarks of a capable SUV
- All-new Renault Koleos pampers drivers and passengers with its high-end appointments and a refined interior with class-leading space for supreme comfort
- Renault’s new flagship SUV is available at the introductory price of RM172,800 and is expected to be in Renault showrooms starting mid-October 2016
Kuala Lumpur, 1 September 2016 – TC Euro Cars (TCEC), the sole franchise holder of Renault cars in Malaysia, today previewed for the first time in Malaysia, Renault’s new flagship SUV – the all-new Koleos.
Designed and thought through to meet the needs of SUV buyers across the world the all-new Koleos fits perfectly with Renault’s high-end line-up. Its record cabin space, the extensive range of equipment it proposes and its carefully-appointed interior position all-new Koleos as a reference in its class for comfort and refinement.
The much-anticipated new flagship SUV from Renault is expected to hit Renault showrooms starting mid-October 2016. Prior to that, TCEC is holding a preview for the general public at Mid Valley Mega Mall, Center Court, Ground Floor from 7 to 11 September 2016.
“As a flagship vehicle, the all-new Renault Koleos will be launched, in stages, in more than 80 countries around the world. And we are very proud that Malaysia is one of the first few countries globally, to introduce this much-anticipated Renault SUV model. As a flagship model for Renault, it will be the principal face for the brand in Malaysia,” said Kuan Kim Luen, CEO, TC Euro Cars.
Class-leading interior space for supreme comfort
Front seats amongst the segment’s most comfortable
The front seats of the all-new Koleos draw their inspiration from those of Talisman, Renault’s large family saloon:
- A welcoming, enveloping design
- Dimensions that figure amongst the very best in class
- Variable density foam for added comfort
The all-new Koleos’ front seats benefit from:
- Six-way power adjustment for driver’s seat
- Power lumbar adjustment for driver’s seat
- Upholstery in Titan Black leather
The rear of the seat comprises a shell that frees up extra room for rear passengers in addition to contributing to a more airy interior design.
Class-leading space for rear passengers
With knee room of 289mm, all-new Renault Koleos not only outclasses its rivals but also provides rear passengers with generous head room, shoulder room and elbow room.
In addition to its benchmark cabin space, all-new Renault Koleos boasts a large modular boot and numerous handy storage solutions.
- A 550dm3 VDA boot, with a clever removable floor positioned at the same height as the boot, which forms a flat floor.
- “Easy Break” system: handles located inside the boot enable the 60/40-split rear bench seat to be folded in an instant, freeing up a total carrying capacity of 1,690dm3 VDA.
- 35 litres of additional storage, including an 11-litre glove box and a seven-litre cubby in the centre console.
All-new Renault Koleos pampers drivers and passengers
A carefully-appointed interior
The all-new Koleos’ interior subtly blends robust SUV cues with the expression of quality expected of a large family saloon thanks to the use of attractive, scratch-resistant materials such as satin-finish chrome for the steering wheel, gear lever and air vent inserts. The centre console is covered by a protective film that is hardy and pleasing to the touch. The cushion-backed materials selected for the dashboard and door panels also contribute to the cabin’s restful ambience, while leather upholstery and leather-trimmed armrests feature contrasting top stitching.
Travelling comfort is further enhanced by customisable LED cabin lighting, with a palette of hues ranging from green, to blue, yellow red or violet, depending on the mood of the driver and passengers.
A range of connected, personalisable multimedia systems
The all-new Koleos is equipped with the R-LINK 2 multimedia system. This connected tablet is featured across Renault’s high-end range and coordinates functions like infotainment, navigation, hands-free telephony, radio and driver aids. Key features are:
- An 8.7-inch portrait screen format
- Same tactile functions as personal tablet (two-finger zoom, page scrolling, drag and drop, etc.)
- Realistic navigation display with 3D representation of buildings
- Connectivity and charging options include Bluetooth® for hands-free use of a telephone and audio streaming, a USB port, a 3.5mm jack socket, a 12V power supply and, depending on version, an SD card slot
- Voice recognition for navigation instructions and telephone use, plus the ability to read e-mails aloud
- Four customisable homepages with widgets for swift access to the most frequently employed functions
- Wide range of applications designed specifically for automotive use available from the R-LINK Store
Driving data (speed, RPM, fuel consumption, etc.) is displayed on a personalisable 7-inch colour screen situated behind the steering wheel, in the driver’s line of sight.
Ingress is facilitated by the wide aperture of the doors, which open to angles of 70 and 77 degrees at the front and rear respectively, figures that position the all-new Renault Koleos amongst the best SUVs in its class. The design of the doors protects the sills from becoming soiled and minimises the width of the sills to make climbing on-board even easier.
Designed and equipped to make driving safer
All-new Koleos benefits from Renault’s vast experience in the realm of passive safety and targets excellence in the independent NCAP tests. The following features are standard equipment:
- Two adaptive front airbags that inflate according to the type of impact and the occupant’s position in the car
- Two lateral thorax/shoulder airbags for the front occupants
- Two curtain airbags
- Blind spot warning system
- Anti-whiplash front and rear head rests
- Anti-submarining front seats
- Rear ISOFIX anchorage for i-Size child seats
- All the seat belts are equipped with pretensioners and load limiters
At the same time, the use of very high elastic limit steel for the engine frame and of high-strength steel for the passenger safety cell was specified to protect the cabin in the case of a major impact.
When it comes to active safety, the all-new Renault Koleos provides the latest-generation electronic stability control (ESC), traction control, braking assist, electronic brake force distribution and hill start assist as standard equipment.
For additional convenience and safety, some of the key driver aids on the all-new Koleos can be controlled via the R-LINK 2 tablet, such as the Blind Spot Warning (BSW), rear view camera and front, rear and side parking sensors.
Inspired by Renault’s high-end line-up
All-new Koleos is an SUV with styling similarities with the Talisman – Renault’s new large family saloon – that still packs all the styling cues and capabilities associated with the SUV segment.
The taut bonnet lines contribute to the car’s powerful design, an impression that is heightened by several chrome embellishments, including strips designed to visually lengthen the front end and exude an impression of dynamism and elegance. Unique in the segment, this feature sets the all-new Renault Koleos apart from other SUVs.
The 2,705mm wheelbase – for a total vehicle length of 4,672mm – counts amongst the longest in the class and allows the all-new Renault Koleos to boast record-breaking interior space to position itself as a D-segment SUV.
At the rear, Renault’s trademark style is again prominently on display. The wide, horizontal tail lights amplify the impression of width and draw the eye to the Renault logo on the tailgate. Chrome inserts set into the lower part of the rear bumper take the shape of twin exhaust tail pipes, a detail that is complementary with all-new Koleos’ overall exterior design.
The all-new Koleos features Renault’s proven powertrain and technologies. Its powerful 2.5-litre petrol engine is mated to a new X-Tronic CVT automatic transmission for enhanced performance and driving enjoyment while optimising fuel consumption. This efficient engine is capable of delivering maximum power of 171PS and peak torque of 226Nm. It is also extremely responsive at low and mid-range engine speeds, with 200Nm torque available from as low as 1,800rpm.
The all-new Renault Koleos has been conceived to be marketed on every continent, which means its equipment specification is adapted to suit the different climates and parts of the world where it will be driven.
Pricing and availability
The all-new Renault Koleos is available at the previously announced introductory price of RM172,800 in Peninsular Malaysia and RM116,800 in Langkawi (on-the-road inclusive of GST, without insurance and for private registration).
The following stylish body colours and wheel design selected for Renault’s new flagship SUV ensure a particular elegance:
- Four body colours: Universal White, Grey Metallic, Black Metallic and Meissen Blue
- Wheel design: 18 inch Argonaute alloy wheel
Like all Renault mainstream vehicles, the all-new Koleos comes with a five-year full manufacturer’s warranty with unlimited mileage. This warranty is fully backed by Renault and not undertaken by any other insurance companies, which means terms and conditions as well as parts covered are consistent from the first year of ownership to the end of the warranty period.
Members of the public who want to know more about the all-new Renault Koleos and receive the latest updates are encouraged to register their interest at www.renault.com.my.
PRICE LIST click here